SHAPE was engaged to undertake the base-building upgrades of 10 Richardson Street, West Perth which provided the asset with state-of-the art facilities – improving end user experience.
The scope of works included:
- The complete construction of an End of Trip (EOT) facility and bike store within the open, unsecure basement.
- Brick construction housing new showers, change rooms and toilets.
- Extensive graphics package and a painted bike path up to street level.
- Strip-out and make good of levels 1 and 2 which included new carpet, ceilings and lighting; creating a refreshed open floor plate ready for future tenants.
- A new UAT was also constructed on level 1 to satisfy disabled compliance for the building.
The key challenge was building an EOT facility within a basement that was never designed to house an EOT. The design was modified to create a concrete hob detail to assist in waterproofing with brickwork utilised due to the exposure of the elements. The basement is open to the environment with free access. EOT and bike store security was important to the client while also maintaining the mechanical ventilation requirements of the facility.