University of Technology, Sydney
Lahznimmo – Annabel Lahz
Client Project Manager:
UTS Project Manager – Mark Podolec
This project involved the demolition of the existing architectural studio and included:
- Acoustic spray to achieve an 80 per cent ratio
- Concrete polishing
- Painting of concrete soffit and services in white
- Feature timber dowel ceilings and vibrating colours
- Nine collaborative pods, each seating 20 students or more
- New interactive audiovisual technology for each pod with retractable outlets
- New exhibition space for students and lecturers to exhibit their works and conduct classes
Our team actively identified the key constraints of the project from tender and clearly communicated with UTS in regards to project delivery. We provided a compressive lead time methodology with a measure or alternative to each item when needed.
We provided UTS with solutions for delivering the project, taking constraints with summer school and semester one time frames into consideration (such as options for moving students to new locations, providing demountable learning facilities and providing a faster construction programme). Our proactive united team approach and ‘can do attitude’ with all stakeholders allowed for the Perfect Delivery of a fast-paced, successful programme.
“Thank you for your steady stewardship in supporting us to get that team and then managing them so seamlessly. Not often one sees such a low stress, low issue project (well, the build part of the project).”
Faculty General Manager, Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building – UTS