Ernst & Young
Client Project Manager:
This Wavespace was to be the leading flagship for Ernst & Young in the world. The scope of works included:
- A design studio with custom-built joinery, workstations and a Bene Idea Wall
- Support pods that feature in-built coat hangers, cushion insulated phone booths, charging stations and generous storage
- A showcase with curtain ceilings that create interval waveforms around the space and 6 metre long pivoting screen
- Lab/incubator room built with high acoustic properties with double sheeted plasterboard lining
- A café built from custom stainless steel that features a Caesarstone top
Our team faced challenges with the procurement of IT items. We incurred multiple delays on the attainment of their essential audiovisual infrastructures such as the comms rack, switches to the comms rooms, wireless access points and routers. Working in conjunction with EY IT, we developed a contingency plan which mitigated further potential delays to the programme. The procurement list was also carefully managed, tracked and updated in project control group meetings.
Working closely with Group GSA, we value-engineered the project through numerous re-design workshops. We explored buildability options, finishes and design of the fitout to meet the EY’s needs and budget – achieving a world-class finish.